Monday 22 March 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Popplewell and Roland Mascaret.
I tre moschettieri, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1909!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1909 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Jack Popplewell: Composer / playwright.
- Roland Mascaret: France Painter.
- Gabrielle Roy: Canadian author and educator (d. 1983).
- Gyula Erkel composer: dies at age 66.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1909 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Washington Post March - Prince's Orchestra
- I Remember You - Ada Jones
- A Gay Gossoon - Vess Ossman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?