Saturday 22 April 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Diébold and Jason Miller ((playwright).
Union Pacific, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Escape by Ethel Vance was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 April 1939 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Jean Diébold
- Jason Miller ((playwright)
- Mel Carter: American singer and actor.
- John Chilcot: English civil servant.
- John Foley: English general and politician Lieutenant Governor of Guernsey.
- Ray Guy: Canadian journalist and author (d. 2013).
- Jason Miller: American actor and playwright (d. 2001).
- Ann Mitchell: English actress.
- Theodor Waigel: German lawyer and politician German Federal Minister of Finance.
- Jason Miller in Scranton: Pennsylvania, USA; actor/writer (Exorcist, Light of Day).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?