Friday 22 April 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Knox Followill .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Fast Five, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Undercover.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arcania: Fall of Setarrif or Bag It!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 22 April 2011 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Knox Followill: American child born to noted family,Knox is the son of Kings of Leon musicians, Matthew Followill and Johanna Bennett.
- Moin Akhter: Pakistani actor (Born 1950).
- Cambodia and Thailand exchange fire across their mutual border with casualties on both sides. (BBC)
- 3 people are killed and 3 others are wounded as a result of a blast in a factory in the Gaza Strip. (PNN)
- Arab Spring
- 2011 Syrian protests: At least 88 people are killed as a result of police firing at massive ampquotGreat Fridayampquot anti-government protests across the country, the deadliest day of protest there yet. (Press TV)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: The head of America's military says the war is moving towards stalemate, even after its air strikes destroy 30-40 per cent of Libya's ground forces. American senator John McCain visits Benghazi. (BBC)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution: The detention of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is extended by a further 15 days. (Al Jazeera)
- Amid a protest against the construction of a new Tesco superstore in the Stokes Croft area of the English city of Bristol, 9 people are arrested and 8 police officers are injured. (BBC)
- A farmer in Los Pozos, Veracruz, Mexico opens fire outside a local church after its Good Friday sermon, killing a woman and two children. '' (WLOS)''
- Good Friday celebrations occur internationally. (BBC)
- 24 Filipinos are nailed to crosses in to San Fernando, near Manila, though celebrations are cancelled in Syria due to ongoing incidents there. (''Daily Mail'')
- Pope Benedict XVI becomes the first pontiff to take part in a televised question-and-answer session, a pre-recorded programme for Italian television. (''The Guardian'')
- Anne Robinson leaves ''The Weakest Link'', prompting the BBC to end the quiz show. (''The Guardian'')
- Dozens of people are feared dead in a landslide in the southern Philippines. (BBC)
- The United Nations says children in drought-infected Somalia are suffering some of the highest malnutrition rates in the world. (BBC)
- Japan's government announces a 4 trillion yen emergency budget to deal with the earthquake and tsunami that devastated the country last month. (BBC)
- New research reveals Apple and Google are running their iPhone and Android software to build gigantic databases from owners' movements as governments move to investigate. (''The New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 April 2011
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Salamanca - Girona : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Boulogne - Tours : 3 - 2
- Clermont - Vannes : 1 - 0
- Grenoble - Chateauroux : 1 - 1
- Istres - Troyes : 2 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Coventry - Scunthorpe : 1 - 1
- Doncaster - Crystal Palace : 0 - 0
- Leeds - Reading : 0 - 0
- Nott'm Forest - Leicester : 3 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Wimbledon - Mansfield : 2 - 1
- Crawley Town - Rushden & D : 4 - 0
- Kidderminster - Fleetwood Town : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?