Friday 22 April 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 22, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Knox Followill .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Bridesmaids, directed by Paul Feig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Pale King by David Foster Wallace was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Xanadu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing American cover art or Beep.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 22 April 2011 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Knox Followill: American child born to noted family,Knox is the son of Kings of Leon musicians, Matthew Followill and Johanna Bennett.
- Moin Akhter: Pakistani actor (Born 1950).
- Cambodia and Thailand exchange fire across their mutual border with casualties on both sides. (BBC)
- 3 people are killed and 3 others are wounded as a result of a blast in a factory in the Gaza Strip. (PNN)
- Arab Spring
- 2011 Syrian protests: At least 88 people are killed as a result of police firing at massive ampquotGreat Fridayampquot anti-government protests across the country, the deadliest day of protest there yet. (Press TV)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: The head of America's military says the war is moving towards stalemate, even after its air strikes destroy 30-40 per cent of Libya's ground forces. American senator John McCain visits Benghazi. (BBC)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution: The detention of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is extended by a further 15 days. (Al Jazeera)
- Amid a protest against the construction of a new Tesco superstore in the Stokes Croft area of the English city of Bristol, 9 people are arrested and 8 police officers are injured. (BBC)
- A farmer in Los Pozos, Veracruz, Mexico opens fire outside a local church after its Good Friday sermon, killing a woman and two children. '' (WLOS)''
- Good Friday celebrations occur internationally. (BBC)
- 24 Filipinos are nailed to crosses in to San Fernando, near Manila, though celebrations are cancelled in Syria due to ongoing incidents there. (''Daily Mail'')
- Pope Benedict XVI becomes the first pontiff to take part in a televised question-and-answer session, a pre-recorded programme for Italian television. (''The Guardian'')
- Anne Robinson leaves ''The Weakest Link'', prompting the BBC to end the quiz show. (''The Guardian'')
- Dozens of people are feared dead in a landslide in the southern Philippines. (BBC)
- The United Nations says children in drought-infected Somalia are suffering some of the highest malnutrition rates in the world. (BBC)
- Japan's government announces a 4 trillion yen emergency budget to deal with the earthquake and tsunami that devastated the country last month. (BBC)
- New research reveals Apple and Google are running their iPhone and Android software to build gigantic databases from owners' movements as governments move to investigate. (''The New York Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 April 2011
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Salamanca - Girona : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Boulogne - Tours : 3 - 2
- Clermont - Vannes : 1 - 0
- Grenoble - Chateauroux : 1 - 1
- Istres - Troyes : 2 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Coventry - Scunthorpe : 1 - 1
- Doncaster - Crystal Palace : 0 - 0
- Leeds - Reading : 0 - 0
- Nott'm Forest - Leicester : 3 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Wimbledon - Mansfield : 2 - 1
- Crawley Town - Rushden & D : 4 - 0
- Kidderminster - Fleetwood Town : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Where You At - Jennifer Hudson
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Tu Angelito - Chino & Nacho
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- 1 CHF = 7.3432 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8172 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9256 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.99 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?