Monday 22 December 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 22, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Valerie Bettis and Edi Baur.
Spring Fever, directed by Edward Sedgwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1919 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Edi Baur: Swiss theatre producer and director.
- Valerie Bettis: American modern dancer and choreographer, who found success in musical theatre, ballet, and as a solo dancer.
- Pierre Charbonnet: American military, rear admiral.
- Wilhelm Beck: Germany Military man.
- Lil Green: American singer-songwriter (d. 1954).
- Government of Ireland Act of Power (Home Rule for Ireland).
- US deports 250 alien radicals, including anarchist Emma Goldman.