Tuesday 9 December 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Douce and William Lipscomb.
Blind Husbands, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1919 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- William Douce: American business executive: president, chairman and chief executive officer at Phillips Petroleum Co.
- William Lipscomb: American physical chemist who won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1976 for his research on the structure and bonding of boron compounds and the general nature of chemical bonding.
- Robert Loron: Chambon-la-For?t Military man.
- V Dakshinamoorthy: Indian singer-songwriter (d. 2013).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Slide, Kelly, Slide - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- Poor Little Butterfly is a Fly Gal Now - Belle Baker
- Golden Gate - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw