Saturday 27 December 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Renato Carosone and Charles Sweeney.
Shakuntala, directed by Suchet Singh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1919
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 27 December 1919. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1919 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Renato Carosone: Italian bandleader, singer and songwriter, among the greatest figures of the Italian music scene in the second half of the 20th century.
- Charles Sweeney: American general and pilot (d. 2004).
- Achilles Alferaki composer: dies at age 73.
- Red Sox owner Harry Frazee announces they will deal any player except Harry Hooper, Hooper is sent to the White Sox after 1920 season