Monday 1 December 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 1, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Cox Chambers and Ike Isaacs.
Harakiri, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1919 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Anne Cox Chambers: Dayton, Ohio -- US ambassador to Belgium (1977-81).
- Ike Isaacs: guitarist.
- Pierre Montane: France sport Champion.
- Anne Chambers: Entrepreneur.
- Lady Nancy Astor sworn-in as first female member of British Parliament.
- Lady Astor becomes the first female Member of Parliament to take her seat in the House of Commons of the United Kingdom (she had been elected to that position on November 28).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yearning - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Mandy - Van & Schenck