Monday 1 December 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Cox Chambers and Ike Isaacs.
Victory, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Arrow of Gold by Joseph Conrad was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1919 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Anne Cox Chambers: Dayton, Ohio -- US ambassador to Belgium (1977-81).
- Ike Isaacs: guitarist.
- Pierre Montane: France sport Champion.
- Anne Chambers: Entrepreneur.
- Lady Nancy Astor sworn-in as first female member of British Parliament.
- Lady Astor becomes the first female Member of Parliament to take her seat in the House of Commons of the United Kingdom (she had been elected to that position on November 28).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Carolina Sunshine - Sterling Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?