Monday 8 December 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hans-Dieter Hosalla and Peter Tali Coleman.
Captain Kidd's Kids, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1919 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Peter Tali Coleman: American politician and 43rd, 51st and 53rd Governor of American Samoa (d. 1997).
- Hans-Dieter Hosalla: composer.
- Moyssey Samuilovich: Vaynberg composer.
- Peter Coleman: Samoan-American lawyer and politician 43rd Governor of American Samoa (d. 1997).
- Julia Robinson: American mathematician and theorist (d. 1985).
- Kateryna Yushchenko: Ukrainian computer scientist and academic (d. 2001).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Slide, Kelly, Slide - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- Poor Little Butterfly is a Fly Gal Now - Belle Baker
- Golden Gate - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw