Monday 8 December 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 8, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hans-Dieter Hosalla and Peter Tali Coleman.
Captain Kidd's Kids, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1919 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Peter Tali Coleman: American politician and 43rd, 51st and 53rd Governor of American Samoa (d. 1997).
- Hans-Dieter Hosalla: composer.
- Moyssey Samuilovich: Vaynberg composer.
- Peter Coleman: Samoan-American lawyer and politician 43rd Governor of American Samoa (d. 1997).
- Julia Robinson: American mathematician and theorist (d. 1985).
- Kateryna Yushchenko: Ukrainian computer scientist and academic (d. 2001).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Slide, Kelly, Slide - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- Poor Little Butterfly is a Fly Gal Now - Belle Baker
- Golden Gate - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw