Sunday 22 March 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 22, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Ughetto and Alain Gottvallès.
My Favorite Blonde, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 March 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1942 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- André Ughetto
- Alain Gottvallès: French swimmer, he won a gold medal at the 1962 European championship, in the 100m (freestyle).
- Jorge Ben Jor: Brazilian musician.
- Jack Guittet
- Ali Abdullah Saleh: Politician.
- Jorge Jor: Brazilian singer-songwriter.
- Dick Pound: Canadian amateur sports executive.
- Bernd Herzsprung: German actor.
- Jon Arthur English: Composer.
- World War II: In the Mediterranean Sea, the Royal Navy confronts Italy's Regia Marina in the Second Battle of Sirte.