Sunday 22 March 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Arthur English and Jorge Ben Jor.
Reap the Wild Wind, directed by Cecil B. De Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Moon Is Down by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1942 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Jon Arthur English: Composer.
- Jorge Ben Jor: Brazilian musician.
- Alain Gottvallès: French swimmer, he won a gold medal at the 1962 European championship, in the 100m (freestyle).
- Jack Guittet: .
- Bernd Herzsprung: German actor.
- World War II: In the Mediterranean Sea, the Royal Navy confronts Italy's Regia Marina in the Second Battle of Sirte.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?