Saturday 22 September 1900
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul H Emmett and Horatio Colony.
Soldiers of the Cross, directed by Herbert Booth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Janice Meredith by Paul Leicester Ford was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1900 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Paul H Emmett: American chemical engineer (d. 1985).
- Horatio Colony: American novelist and poet who published eleven volumes of verse and a two-volume set of collected writings.
- Paul Emmett: American chemist and engineer (d. 1985).
- Sergey Ozhegov: Russian lexicographer and academic (d. 1964).
- William Spratling: American-Mexican silversmith and educator (d. 1967).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- A Coon Band Contest - Vess Ossman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?