Tuesday 18 September 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walther Wenck and Willis James.
A Storm at Sea, directed by James H. White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1900 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Walther Wenck: The youngest general in the German Army during World War II.
- Willis James: American violinist and educator (d. 1966).
- Seewoosagur Ramgoolam: Mauritian philanthropist and politician 1st Prime Minister of Mauritius (d. 1985).