Saturday 1 September 1900
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrei Vlasov and Kazimierz Wilkomirski.
Ghosts in a Chinese Laundry, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Janice Meredith by Paul Leicester Ford was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1900 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Andrei Vlasov: Russian General (Red Army, Wehrmacht).
- Kazimierz Wilkomirski: Composer.
- Richard Arlen: Virginia, United States -- Actor (Alice in Wonderland, Crawling Hand).
- André Dhôtel: French author, poet, playwright, and literary critic, best-known for his novel, "Le Pays où l'on n'arrive jamais" ("The Country That Never Arrives"), published in 1955.
- Andre Dhotel: France Writer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- San Francisco Sadie - Dan Quinn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?