Saturday September 01, 1900
US date format: 9/1/1900, UK date format: 1/9/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 1, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include André Dhôtel and Kazimierz Wilkomirski.
A Storm at Sea, directed by James H. White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 01, 1900?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 01, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dan Quinn - San Francisco Sadie