Friday 7 September 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Taylor Caldwell and "Janet" Taylor Caldwell.
Soldiers of the Cross, directed by Herbert Booth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Unleavened Bread by Robert Grant was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1900 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Taylor Caldwell: American best-selling writer who began to write and illustrate from age 10.
- "Janet" Taylor Caldwell: England, United Kingdom -- Novelist (Melissa).
- Emerson Treacy: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Actor (California Straight Ahead).
- Georges Vavasseur: French bookseller who ran the 'Tribune du Rhône' public speakers club in Lyon from 1924 to 1939.
- Yves Caron: Luneray Military man.
- Giuseppe Zangara: Italian-American assassin of Anton Cermak (d. 1933).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- San Francisco Sadie - Dan Quinn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?