Friday 7 September 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Taylor Caldwell and Emerson Treacy.
A Storm at Sea, directed by James H. White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 September 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1900 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Taylor Caldwell: American best-selling writer who began to write and illustrate from age 10.
- "Janet" Taylor Caldwell: England, United Kingdom -- Novelist (Melissa).
- Emerson Treacy: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Actor (California Straight Ahead).
- Georges Vavasseur: French bookseller who ran the 'Tribune du Rhône' public speakers club in Lyon from 1924 to 1939.
- Yves Caron: Luneray Military man.
- Giuseppe Zangara: Italian-American assassin of Anton Cermak (d. 1933).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1900 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When We are Married - Harry Macdonough & Grace Spencer
- A Night Trip to Buffalo - American Quartet (Earliest)