Friday 14 September 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sidney Marion .
Soldiers of the Cross, directed by Herbert Booth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while To Have and to Hold by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1900 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1900 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When We are Married - Harry Macdonough & Grace Spencer
- A Night Trip to Buffalo - American Quartet (Earliest)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?