Friday 23 January 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 23, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Coraline, directed by Henry Selick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 5 Spots Party or The Clique: Diss and Make-Up Queen Teen: The Clique.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 23 January 2009 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 January
- Robert W Scott: American politician, governor of North Carolina (Born 1929).
- US President Barack Obama orders the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to be closed within a year.
- Dendermonde nursery attack in Dendermonde, Belgium.
- The number of unique Internet users reached one billion in December 2008. (CNET.com)
- New York Governor David Paterson appoints Kirsten Gillibrand to Hillary Clinton's vacated United States Senate seat. (''New York Times'')
- Japan launches the world's first greenhouse-gas-monitoring satellite, ''Ibuki'', from the Tanegashima Space Center. (CNN)
- A school shooting in northern Norway leaves two people dead, including the gunman. (RTE News)
- Hamas accuses rival faction Fatah of spying for Israel during the recent conflict in the Gaza Strip. (CNN)
- National Congress and Tutsi leader Laurent Nkunda is arrested in Rwanda. (MSNBC)
- Two children and one adult are stabbed to death in an attack on a crèche in Belgium. (Sky News)
- The 30-man crew of Chinese cargo ship ''Zhenhua 4'' receives US$10,000 each after repelling Somali pirates in the Gulf of Aden. (Xinhua)
- The United Kingdom enters a recession. (Business Standard)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 January 2009
Division 2Football (France)
- Chateauroux - Angers : 0 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Rushden & D - Forest Green : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Triestina - Bari : 1 - 2
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Belenenses - Benfica : 0 - 0
- Maritimo - Leixoes : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Chopped 'N' Skrewed - T-Pain Featuring Ludacris
- Miss Independent - Ne-Yo
- Trading Places - Usher
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- Green Light - John Legend Featuring Andre 3000
- IfULeave - Musiq Soulchild Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Put It On Ya - Plies Featuring Chris J
- She Got Her Own - Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
- Marco Antonio Solis - No Molestar
- Inolvidable - Reik
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
History cautions against a traditional lender buying an investment bank. Maybe Bank of America thought it was different this time. [..]
The results put additional pressure on Advanced Miro Devices, which has already lost money for eight consecutive quarters and has struggled against its bigger and stronger rival, Intel. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $48.21
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $42.27
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $47.45
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $34.85
- 1 CHF = 5.913 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.5556 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9378 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.4703 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?