Sunday June 23, 1901
US date format: 6/23/1901, UK date format: 23/6/1901
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 23, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Mariel-Henri Jaspar and Paul Verhoeven.
Forward, directed by Henry Bedwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 23, 1901?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- See more
- Charles Kensington Salaman: Composer, dies at 87.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 23, 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- S. H. Dudley - Whistling
- Byron G. Harlan & Joe Belmont & Florodora Girls - Tell Me, Pretty Maiden