Thursday 23 June 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Hayes .
Lord Jeff, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spelling Bee.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1938!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1938 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- John Hayes: English politician Minister of State at the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
- Civil Aeronautics Authority (US) established
- New York City Mayor LaGuardia assigns 21 cops to patrol subway
- US Civil Aeronautics Authority established.
- Marineland opens in Florida, USA; first aquarium.
- The Civil Aeronautics Act is signed into law, forming the Civil Aeronautics Authority in the United States.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?