Saturday 23 July 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ronny Cox in Cloudcroft and Gotz George.
Booloo, directed by Clyde E. Elliott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Order to View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1938 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Ronny Cox in Cloudcroft: Massachusetts, USA; actor (St. Elsewhere).
- Gotz George: German actor.
- Götz George: German actor, son of actor couple Berta Drews and Heinrich George.
- Charles Harrelson: American homicide, sentenced in 1982 to life in Huntsville federal prison for the shooting murder of a federal judge, Judge Wood in San Antonio.
- Bert Newton: Australian comedian, radio star, television host and stage actor.
- Juliet Anderson: American porn actress and producer (d. 2010)
- Ronny Cox: Cloudcroft, Massachusetts -- Actor (St Elsewhere)
- Mickey Curtis: Japanese actor and singer
- Bradman scores 103 in 178 minutes on a Headingley sticky, 3rd Test
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?