Tuesday 14 June 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Moses Tay and Julie Felix.
Lord Jeff, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spelling Bee.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 June 1938 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Moses Tay: Singaporean Anglican priest, the 7th Bishop of Singapore from 1982 to 1999 and the first Archbishop of the Province of Anglican Church in South East Asia from 1996 to 2000.
- Julie Felix: American-English singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Dorothy Lathrop wins the first Caldecott Medal (kid books author).
- Chlorophyll patented by Benjamin Grushkin.
- Action Comics issue one is released, introducing Superman.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?