Monday 27 June 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce E and Tommy Cannon.
Lord Jeff, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Spelling Bee.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1938!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1938 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Bruce E: Babbitt; American politician (Governor-Democrat-Alabama).
- Tommy Cannon: British comedian.
- Shirley Anne Field: British actress.
- Bruce Babbitt: American politician who announced in May 1987, while the Governor of Arizona, that he would run for the Democratic Presidential nomination.
- Alan Coren: English humorist, writer and satirist who was well known as a regular panellist on the BBC radio quiz The News Quiz and a team captain on BBC television's Call My Bluff.
- Kathryn Beaumont: British voice actress
- Shirley Field: English actress
- David Hope: Baron Hope of Craighead Scottish lieutenant and judge
- Yevgeniy Ivchenko: Ukrainian race walker (d. 1999)
- Konrad Kujau: German illustrator (d. 2000)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 June 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?