Saturday 4 June 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Art Mahaffey and Joel Wallach.
You and Me, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spelling Bee.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1938!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1938 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Art Mahaffey: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Philadelphia Phillies between 1960 and 1965 and the St. Louis Cardinals in 1966.
- Joel Wallach: American physician and author, a doctor of veterinary medicine and naturopathic practitioner.
- John Harvard: Canadian journalist and politician 23rd Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba (d. 2016).
- 70th Belmont: James Stout aboard Pasteurized wins in 2:29.6
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?