Tuesday 23 July 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Angel Landin and Matthew Colin Bailey.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Everytime You Go Away by Paul Young.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Real Genius, directed by Martha Coolidge, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Nutcracker by Shana Alexander was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stingray.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Big Mac the Mad Maintenance Man or Hacker.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1985!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1985 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Matthew Colin Bailey: American designer.
- Luis Angel Landin: Mexican footballer.
- Blake Harrison: English actor.
- Olafur Hannesson: Icelandic television personality.
- Luis Landín: Mexican footballer.
- Anna Mühe: German actress.
- Johnny Wardle: English cricketer (Born 1923).
- Commodore International introduces the Amiga 1000 computer. It features a Motorola 68000 processor, custom color graphics and stereo sound processors, a multitasking, windowing operating system, 256 kB RAM, and 880 kB 3.5-inch disk drive. Price is US$1300.
- Kay Kyser (James King Kern Kyser), US bandleader, dies.
- Commodore launches the Amiga personal computer at the Lincoln Center in New York.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Night Ranger - Sentimental Street
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rene & Angela - Save Your Love (For #1)
- Debarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
- Cameo - Attack Me With Your Love
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- I Wonder If I Take You Home - Lisa Lisa And Clult Jam With Full Force
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Prince And The Revolution - Raspberry Beret
- Paul Hardcastle - 19
- Luther Vandross - It's Over Now
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?