Tuesday July 23, 1985
US date format: 7/23/1985, UK date format: 23/7/1985
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on July 23, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Luis Angel Landin and Matthew Colin Bailey.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Everytime You Go Away by Paul Young.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Real Genius, directed by Martha Coolidge, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Dangerous Summer by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stingray.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gyromite or Heart of Africa.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 23, 1985?
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- See more
- Commodore International introduces the Amiga 1000 computer. It features a Motorola 68000 processor, custom color graphics and stereo sound processors, a multitasking, windowing operating system, 256 kB RAM, and 880 kB 3.5-inch disk drive. Price is US$1300.
- Johnny Wardle: English cricketer (Born 1923).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 23, 1985?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Night Ranger - Sentimental Street
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong)
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rene & Angela - Save Your Love (For #1)
- Debarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
- Cameo - Attack Me With Your Love
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Lisa Lisa And Clult Jam With Full Force - I Wonder If I Take You Home
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Prince And The Revolution - Raspberry Beret
- Paul Hardcastle - 19
- Luther Vandross - It's Over Now
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?