Tuesday 11 April 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alberto E Ginastera and Dan Fortmann.
Civilization, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Just David by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1916 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Alberto E Ginastera: Buenos Aires, Argentina -- Composer (Panambi).
- Dan Fortmann: NFL guard (Chicago Bears).
- Howard W Koch: American film director (d. 2001).
- Alberto Ginastera: Argentinian-Swiss pianist and composer (d. 1983).
- Howard Koch: Producer / director (Frankenstein, Airplane II).
- Richard Harding Davis: American author (Born 1864).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Marimba March - Blue & White Marimba Band
- Are You from Dixie? ('Cause I'm From Dixie Too) - Billy Murray & Irving Kaufman
- Hello, Hawaii, How are You? - Prince's Orchestra
- I Love a Piano - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?