Tuesday 11 April 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Fortmann and Alberto E Ginastera.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 April 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1916 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Alberto E Ginastera: Buenos Aires, Argentina -- Composer (Panambi).
- Dan Fortmann: NFL guard (Chicago Bears).
- Howard W Koch: American film director (d. 2001).
- Alberto Ginastera: Argentinian-Swiss pianist and composer (d. 1983).
- Howard Koch: Producer / director (Frankenstein, Airplane II).
- Richard Harding Davis: American author (Born 1864).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Girl on the Magazine - Harry Macdonough
- Some Day I'll Wander Back Again - Margaret Keyes & Columbia Stellar Quartet