Saturday 15 April 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 15, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred S Bloomingdale and Alfred Bloomingdale.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 April 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1916 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Alfred S Bloomingdale: American businessman (d. 1982).
- Alfred Bloomingdale: American businessman (d. 1982).
- Helene Hanff: American author and screenwriter (d. 1997).
- Alfred Cogniaux Belgian botanist: dies at age 75.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Girl on the Magazine - Harry Macdonough
- Some Day I'll Wander Back Again - Margaret Keyes & Columbia Stellar Quartet