Monday 17 April 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sirimavo Bandaranaike and Helenio Herrera.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1916 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Sirimavo Bandaranaike: Ceylon politician, the first female Prime Minister of Ceylon.
- Helenio Herrera: French footballer player and manager (d. 1997).
- David Stafford-Clark: psychiatrist.
- Donald Gibson: British Vice-Admiral.
- Ryoei Saito: Businessman.
- Win Maung: 3rd President of Union of Myanmar (d. 1989).
- A Thiagarajah: Sri Lankan educator and politician (d. 1981).
- Edmond Marco: Strasbourg Journalist.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Underneath the Stars - Lambert Murphy
- Gems from Very Good, Eddie - Victor Light Opera Co.
- So Long, Letty - Olive Kline & Lambert Murphy
- When You're Down in Louisville - Anna Chandler
- What a Wonderful Mother You'd Be - Henry Burr