Wednesday 19 April 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Chizzo and Jean Domarchi.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1916 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Bruno Chizzo: Italian soccer/football player, he played for Udinese (1933-35, 1944), Triestina (1935-39), AC Milan (1939-40), Genoa (1940-42, 1945-47), and Anconitana (1942-43).
- Jean Domarchi: French scholar and film critic.
- John Schiff: American executive and CEO of Cincinnati Financial, an insurance company.
- Ephraim Shay: American engineer invented the Shay locomotive (d. 1916).
- Bing Boys are Here opens in London
- Italians troops conquer Colonel di Lana at Merano.
- 20th Boston Marathon won by Arthur Roth of Massachusetts in 2:27:16.4.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Underneath the Stars - Lambert Murphy
- Gems from Very Good, Eddie - Victor Light Opera Co.
- So Long, Letty - Olive Kline & Lambert Murphy
- When You're Down in Louisville - Anna Chandler
- What a Wonderful Mother You'd Be - Henry Burr