Wednesday 19 April 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Chizzo and Jean Domarchi.
Civilization, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1916!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 April 1916 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Bruno Chizzo: Italian soccer/football player, he played for Udinese (1933-35, 1944), Triestina (1935-39), AC Milan (1939-40), Genoa (1940-42, 1945-47), and Anconitana (1942-43).
- Jean Domarchi: French scholar and film critic.
- John Schiff: American executive and CEO of Cincinnati Financial, an insurance company.
- Ephraim Shay: American engineer invented the Shay locomotive (d. 1916).
- Bing Boys are Here opens in London
- Italians troops conquer Colonel di Lana at Merano.
- 20th Boston Marathon won by Arthur Roth of Massachusetts in 2:27:16.4.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Some Day I'll Wander Back Again - Margaret Keyes & Columbia Stellar Quartet
- The Girl on the Magazine - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?