Saturday 22 April 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 22, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yehudi Menuhin and Jean Baudon.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 April 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1916 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Yehudi Menuhin: American musician known as one of the most exquisite violinists in history.
- Earl of: Oxford and Asquith Governor (Seychelles).
- Jean Baudon: France Military man.
- Kanan Devi: Indian actress and singer (d. 1992).
- Hanfried Lenz: German mathematician and academic (d. 2013).
- France battles at Fort Douaumont.
- The Chinese steamer ship ''Hsin Yu'' capsizes off the Chinese coast at least 1,000 are killed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Underneath the Stars - Lambert Murphy
- Gems from Very Good, Eddie - Victor Light Opera Co.
- So Long, Letty - Olive Kline & Lambert Murphy
- When You're Down in Louisville - Anna Chandler
- What a Wonderful Mother You'd Be - Henry Burr