Thursday 24 December 1903, Christmas Eve
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Cornell and Ava Helen Pauling.
while Gordon Keith by Thomas Nelson Page was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1903!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1903 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Joseph Cornell: American sculptor and director (d. 1972).
- Ava Helen Pauling: American human rights activist (d. 1981).
- Ernst Krenkel: Polish-Russian geographer and explorer (d. 1971).
- Ava Pauling: American humanitarian and activist (d. 1981).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1903 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Up in a Cocoanut Tree - Billy Murray
- Mighty Like a Rose - George Alexander
- You're as Welcome as the Flowers in May - J.W. Myers
- By the Sycamore Tree - Bob Roberts
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?