Thursday 17 October 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 17, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vincent Van Patten in Belrose and Lawrence Bender.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Honeycomb by Jimmie Rodgers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Paths of Glory, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The New Class by Milovan Djilas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1957 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Vincent Van Patten in Belrose: New York, USA; actor (Apple's Way, Three for the Road).
- Lawrence Bender: American actor and producer.
- Steve McMichael: American football player wrestler and sportscaster.
- Vincent Van Patten: American tennis player and actor.
- John HA Eman: Founder of Aruban Peoples Party, dies at 70.
- Copper & Brass opens at Martin Beck Theater NYC for 36 performances
- Dike Marken-Dutch mainland closed
- II Tsjoendrigar becomes Premier of Pakistan
- French author Albert Camus awarded Nobel Prize in Literature.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?