Saturday 24 February 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Soyer and Pierre Dumayet.
Othello, directed by Dimitri Buchowetzki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1923!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1923 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- David Soyer: American cellist (d. 2010).
- Pierre Dumayet: French journalist, writer and producer, who participated in the beginnings of French television.
- Maurice Garrel: French film actor who appeared in over a hundred films and was nominated twice for a César Award for best supporting actor: in 1991 for "La Discrète" and in 2005 for "Kings and Queen.
- Jean Dubaco: France Writer.
- Robert-André Vivien: St-Mandé Politician.
- Flying Scotsman goes into service
- Mass arrests in US of Mafia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down Yonder in New Orleans - Blossom Seeley
- You Remind Me of My Mother - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?