Thursday 22 February 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Cavanna and Robert-André Vivien.
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1923!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1923 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- François Cavanna: French satirical editor of Italian descent, he contributed to the creation of Hara Kiri (magazine) and Charlie Hebdo in 1970 with his friend Georges Bernier (aka Professeur Choron) and Fred.
- Robert-André Vivien
- Richard Ogilvie: American politician who became the Governor of Illinois.
- Bleddyn Williams: Welsh rugby player (d. 2009).
- Jean-Charles Edeline: French businessman, the CEO of the French production company 'Société française de production' (SFP), a major player in the audiovisual and cinematographic service in France.
- Bram Goldsmith: American executive and CEO in charge of City National Bank.
- Theophile Delcasse: French statesman (Born 1852).
- 1st successful chinchilla farm in US (Los Angeles, California)
- Transcontinental airmail service begins
- The United States begins the first transcontinental air mail route.
- First successful chinchilla farm in US (Los Angeles, California).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Remind Me of My Mother - Henry Burr
- Way Down Yonder in New Orleans - Blossom Seeley