Thursday 24 January 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Kastenmeier and Klaus George Roy.
Wild Oranges, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1924 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Robert Kastenmeier: American lawyer and politician, a US representative and member of the Democratic Party.
- Klaus George Roy: Composer.
- Marvin Kaplan in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Top Cat, Henry - Alice).
- Robert W Kastenmeier American politician (Representative-Democrat-Wisconsin: 1959-).
- David Craighead: Composer.
- Joe Albany: American pianist (d. 1988).
- Brian Bevan: Australian-English rugby player (d. 1991).
- C Muthamma: Indian soldier and diplomat (d. 2009).
- 8th Earl Spencer in England large landowner/father of Diane: Princess of Wales.
- Mussolini disallows non-fascists work union
- Russian city of Saint Petersburg is renamed Leningrad.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- An Orange Grove in California - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Sleep - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- My Home Town in Kansas - Frank Crumit
- It Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo' - Wendell Hall