Saturday 24 March 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Louis David and William Smith.
Death Takes a Holiday, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1934 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Jean-Louis David
- William Smith: American actor.
- Giulia Lazzarini: Italian actress whose film credits include Mia Madre and Piazza Fontana: The Italian Conspiracy.
- US declares the Philippines to become independent in 1945
- U.S. Congress passes the Tydings-McDuffie Act allowing the Philippines to become a self-governing commonwealth.
- The Philippine Commonwealth becomes established allowing for more self-government from the United States.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?