Friday 9 March 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yuri Gagarin and Mario Sarcinelli.
Mystery Liner, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 March 1934
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1934 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Yuri Gagarin: Russian cosmonaut, the first man in space 04/12/1961 when he orbited the earth in Vostok spaceship.
- Mario Sarcinelli: Italian politician and Minister of the Government of Fanfani.
- Del Close: American actor author and educator (d. 1999).
- Joyce Van Patten in Queens: New York, USA; actress (Good Guys, Don Rickles Show).
- Marlene Streit: Canadian-American golfer.
- Joyce Van Patten: American actress.