Sunday 11 March 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sam Donaldson and Roger Coggio.
Jimmy the Gent, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1934 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Sam Donaldson: American TV newscaster, reporter and anchor, a regular on ABC Weekend News from 1979, and on Prime Time Live for ABC from 1989.
- Roger Coggio: French actor, film director and screenwriter.
- John Burgess (bagpiper)
- Keith Speed: British MP.
- John Burgess: Scottish bagpipe player who was known as "The King of the Highland Pipes.
- Ingrid Lotz: German discus thrower.
- Paul Trevillion: English illustrator.
- George Stamatoyannopoulos: Greece -- Medical genetics researcher.
- Joep Straesser: Composer (Blossom songs, Ramasasiri).
- Sam Donaldson in El Paso: Texas, USA; ABC White House correspondent (Prime Time).
- Netherlands beats Belgium 9-3, in soccer.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?