Sunday 11 March 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 11, 1934). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sam Donaldson and Roger Coggio.
Mystery Liner, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 March 1934
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1934 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Sam Donaldson: American TV newscaster, reporter and anchor, a regular on ABC Weekend News from 1979, and on Prime Time Live for ABC from 1989.
- Roger Coggio: French actor, film director and screenwriter.
- John Burgess (bagpiper)
- Keith Speed: British MP.
- Ingrid Lotz: German discus thrower.
- George Stamatoyannopoulos: Greece -- Medical genetics researcher.
- Paul Trevillion: English illustrator.
- Joep Straesser: Composer (Blossom songs, Ramasasiri).
- Sam Donaldson in El Paso: Texas, USA; ABC White House correspondent (Prime Time).
- John Burgess: Scottish bagpipe player who was known as "The King of the Highland Pipes.
- Netherlands beats Belgium 9-3, in soccer.