Thursday 24 March 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly LeBrock in New York City and Yves-Marie Adeline.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Please Don't Eat the Daisies, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1960 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Kelly LeBrock in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Weird Science, Woman in Red).
- Yves-Marie Adeline: French Catholic writer.
- Nena : German popular singer who was a huge success for a brief time.
- Grayson Perry: English artist, known mainly for his ceramic vases and cross-dressing.
- Gérald Passedat: French chef, owner of the restaurant Le Petit Nice in Marseille.
- Jan Berglin: Swedish cartoonist
- Barry Horowitz: American professional wrestler
- Kelly Le Brock: American model and actress
- Scott Pruett: American race car driver
- Annabella Sciorra: American actress and producer
- Paul Joostens: Flemish painter, dies at age 70.
- US appeals court rules D.H. Lawrence's novel Lady Chatterly's Lover not obscene.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 March 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?