Thursday 31 March 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 31, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Howard in San Diego and Mark Tuinei.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Peeping Tom, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Folk Medicine by Deforest Clinton Jarvis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der schwarze Kanal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 March 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1960 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Anne Howard in San Diego: California, USA; actress (Nicole Love - Another World).
- Mark Tuinei: NFL tackle (Dallas Cowboys).
- Pierre Ouin: French author of comics whose favorite character, Bloodi, is a punk junkie who lives with rats.
- Michelle Nicastro: American actress and singer (Born 1960).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- The Little Dippers - Forever
- Annette - O Dio Mio
Top #10 R&B songs
- Dinah Washington & Brook Benton - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- The Theme From "A Summer Place" - Percy Faith And His Orchestra
- Barrett Strong - Money (That's what I want)
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- Buster Brown - Fannie Mae
- The Drifters - This Magic Moment
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Lady Luck
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Rosco Gordon - Just A Little Bit
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?