Sunday 27 March 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clare Lucy Madeleine Evans and Steve Jarvin.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Please Don't Eat the Daisies, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1960 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Clare Lucy Madeleine Evans: Historian.
- Steve Jarvin: Australian soling yachter (Olympics-1996).
- Hans Pflugler: German footballer.
- Philippe Bianconi: French musician, pianist.
- Renato Russo: Brazilian singer and songwriter.
- Victor Bailey: American singer and bass player (Weather Report)
- Johannes Kerkorrel: South African singer-songwriter playwright and journalist (d. 2002)
- Mark Lovell: English race car driver (d. 2003)
- Hans Pflügler: German footballer
- Heiki Vilep: Estonian poet and author
- Tim Wrightman: American football player and coach
- Ian Whyte: Welsh basketball player and actor.
- Wiffi Smith wins LPGA Royal Crown Golf Open.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 March 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?