Tuesday 29 March 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 29, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Annabella Sciorra and Jo Nesbø.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Peeping Tom, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while This Is My God by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der schwarze Kanal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 March 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1960 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Annabella Sciorra
- Jo Nesbø: Norwegian singer-songwriter and skier (Di Derre).
- Jo Nesbo: Author.
- Derrick Grayson: Politician.
- ''Tom Pillibi'' by Jacqueline Boyer (music by André Popp, text by Pierre Cour) wins the Eurovision Song Contest 1960 for France.
- Tuanku Abdul Rahman ibni Almarhum Tuanku Muhammad, 1st Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia, dies in office. He is replaced by Hisamuddin Alam Shah ibni Almarhum Sultan Alaeddin Sulaiman Shah, Sultan of Selangor.
- The United States launches the first weather satellite, TIROS-1.
- The 1960 United States Census begins. There are 179,323,175 U.S. residents on this day. Population All people from Latin America are listed as white, including blacks from the Dominican Republic, European whites from Argentina and Mexicans who resemble Native Americans.
- At the 32nd Academy Awards ceremony, ''Ben-Hur'' wins a record number of Oscars, including Best Picture.
- Elvis Presley's song ampquotAre You Lonesome Tonightampquot is recorded for the first time
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- The Little Dippers - Forever
- Annette - O Dio Mio
Top #10 R&B songs
- Dinah Washington & Brook Benton - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- The Theme From "A Summer Place" - Percy Faith And His Orchestra
- Barrett Strong - Money (That's what I want)
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- Buster Brown - Fannie Mae
- The Drifters - This Magic Moment
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Lady Luck
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Rosco Gordon - Just A Little Bit
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?