Saturday 26 March 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Warlock in Hawthorne and Debbie Hall.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Please Don't Eat the Daisies, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1960 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Billy Warlock in Hawthorne: California, USA; actor (Flip - Happy Days, Baywatch).
- Debbie Hall: LPGA golfer.
- Michael Evans: Fontana, California -- US water polo player (1988 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Marcus Allen: American athlete, running back for the Oakland Raiders (1982-92), Kansas City Chiefs (1993-97).
- Jon Huntsman: American politician and diplomat, a Republican Party candidate for US President in the 2012 elections.
- Jennifer Grey: American actress
- Øystein Mæland: Norwegian psychiatrist and politician
- Axel Prahl: German actor and singer
- Ian Keith: Actor (Identity Unknown, Queen Christina), dies at 61.
- Orioles-Reds series for Havana, is moved to Miami
- USC captures NCAA swimming title.
- Iraq executes 30 after attack on President Kassem.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 March 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?