Monday 7 March 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Lendl and Joe Carter in Oklahoma City.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Can-Can, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while This Is My God by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1960!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 March 1960 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Ivan Lendl: Czech-born tennis champion on the professional circuit beginning in 1979.
- Joe Carter in Oklahoma City: Oklahoma, USA; outfielder (Toronto Blue Jays).
- Joe Carter: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Jim Spivey: American track and field athlete.
- Dutch Builders strike for CLA
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- The Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?