Friday 25 March 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Idy Chan Yuk-Lin and Steve Norman in London.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Please Don't Eat the Daisies, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1960 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Idy Chan Yuk-Lin: Hong Kong actress.
- Steve Norman in London: England; rock saxophone player (Spandau Ballet - "True").
- Robert Green in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; tennis star.
- Haywood Nelson in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Haywood - Grady, Dwayne - What's Happening).
- Russ Mitchell: American journalist best known for his career at CBS where he was anchor of The Early Show on Saturday (1997-2007, 2011-2012), and weekend anchor of the CBS Evening News (2011-2012).
- Steve Norman: English rock musician who plays the saxophone and has had several hits with the group "Spandau Ballet." Some of the groups hits include: "Chant No. 1," 1981 "Lifeline," 1982 and "True," 1983. They also have produced several LP's, including: "Diamond," 1982 and "Parade," 1984.
- Brenda Strong: American actress
- Idy Chan: Hong Kong actress
- Haywood Nelson: American actor
- Peter O'Brien: Australian actor
- 1st guided missile launched from nuclear powered sub (Halibut)
- Ford Frick voids Cleveland Indians-Boston Red Sox deal as Sam White retires.
- Italian government Tambroni forms.
- First guided missile launched from nuclear powered submarine (Halibut).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 March 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?