Sunday June 24, 1906
US date format: 6/24/1906, UK date format: 24/6/1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 24, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Fournier and Bertrand Dubarry.
Three American Beauties, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 24, 1906?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 24, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - My Old Kentucky Home
- Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan - The Moon Has His Eyes On You