Sunday 24 June 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 24, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Betty Stöve and Sharon Sato.
The French Way, directed by Jacques de Baroncelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 June 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1945 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Betty Stöve: Dutch tennis player.
- Sharon Sato: Japanese-American artist and graphic designer for Vogue Patterns.
- Gary Waller
- Wayne Cashman: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- George Pataki: American lawyer and politician 53rd Governor of New York.
- Colin Blunstone: England, United Kingdom -- Rocker (Zombies-Never Even Thought).
- Nora Valsami: Greek actress.
- Betty Stove: in the Netherlands; tennis player (US Doubles 1972).
- George E Pataki: Peekskill, New York -- (Gov-R-New York, 1995- ).
- Schermerhorn government forms
- The Moscow Victory Parade takes place.
- WWII: A victory parade is held in Red Square in Moscow.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bell Bottom Trousers - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- I Should Care - Frank Sinatra