Wednesday 21 May 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 21, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Champlin and Richard Hatch in Santa Monica.
That's My Man, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 May 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1947 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Bill Champlin: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Chicago and Sons of Champlin).
- Dorothy Germain: LPGA golfer.
- Richard Hatch in Santa Monica: California, USA; actor (Battlestar Galactica).
- Jonathan Hyde: Australian-English actor.
- Linda Laubenstein: American physician and academic (d. 1992).
- İlber Ortaylı: Turkish historian and academic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- The Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- That's My Desire - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- Chi-Baba Chi-Baba (My Bambino Go To Sleep) - Perry Como