Tuesday 20 May 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 20, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sky du Mont and Paul Fournel.
That's My Man, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 May 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1947 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Sky du Mont
- Paul Fournel
- Michel Santier: French Catholic clergyman, the Bishop of Créteil (Val-de-Marne) since 4 September 2007.
- Iain Vallance: CEO (British Telecom).
- Greg Dyke: English journalist and academic.
- John Corapi: American priest author and radio host.
- Georgios Siantos: General Secretary of the Communist Party of Greece (Born 1890).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- The Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- That's My Desire - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- Chi-Baba Chi-Baba (My Bambino Go To Sleep) - Perry Como