Tuesday 20 May 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Iain Vallance and Michel Santier.
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Wife Saver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1947 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Iain Vallance: CEO (British Telecom).
- Michel Santier: French Catholic clergyman, the Bishop of Créteil (Val-de-Marne) since 4 September 2007.
- Greg Dyke: English journalist and academic.
- John Corapi: American priest author and radio host.
- Georgios Siantos: General Secretary of the Communist Party of Greece (Born 1890).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 May 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?