Tuesday 27 May 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 27, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Émile Blessig and Georg Feuerstein.
Living in a Big Way, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 May 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1947 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Émile Blessig
- Georg Feuerstein
- Liana Alexandra: Composer.
- Robert Reinacher Jr: Horse trainer.
- Peter DeFazio: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Oregon).
- Franco Branciaroli: Italian stage actor.
- Richard Hayne: Businessman.
- Marty Kristian: German-Australian singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (The New Seekers).
- Branko Oblak: Slovenian footballer and coach.
- Riivo Sinijärv: Estonian politician 19th Estonian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Felix Dennis: English poet and publisher founded Dennis Publishing (d. 2014).
- Glenn Turner: Athlete.
- Ed Konetchy: American baseball player (Born 1885).