Monday 24 September 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stronger by Kanye West.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
There Will Be Blood, directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World by Bill Clinton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cinemassacre's Monster Madness.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clear (visual novel) or Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 24 September 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 September
- The One Laptop Per Child organization launches the Give 1 Get 1 marketing plan. For US$399, a buyer will purchase two XO computers, receiving one in early 2008, with the other being sent to a child in Cambodia, Rwanda, Afghanistan, or Haiti.
- Menachem Mazuz, the Attorney General of Israel, orders a criminal investigation into the purchase of a house by the Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert. (Reuters)
- The President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaks at Columbia University stating that Americans should look into ampquotwho was truly involvedampquot in the September 11, 2001 attacks, defending his right to denial of the Holocaust, and denying the existence of gay Iranians. (CNN)
- The Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-Moon called for a new commitment by world leaders on climate change at a special United Nations session to discuss climate change. (Bloomberg)
- Members of the United Automobile Workers Union walk off their jobs at General Motors plants across the United States as union and company officials fail to reach agreement on a new contract. (NYT)
- President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva says that he will defend Brazil's record on global climate change when he addresses the United Nations General Assembly this week. (Reuters)
- Former Pakistan Prime Minister, Benazir Bhutto, arrives in Washington beginning her last visit to USA before ending her self-exile.
- Several tornadoes affect parts of Great Britain, causing severe damage. (Sky News)
- Eyewitnesses say the number of people demonstrating in Rangoon was as high as 100,000 as the biggest Burmese anti-government protest in twenty years continues. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 September 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?