Monday 24 September 2007US date format: 9/24/2007, UK date format: 24/9/2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 24, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stronger by Kanye West.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
The Kite Runner, directed by Marc Forster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Moonlight.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond the Red Line or Chase H.Q. 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 September 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 24 September 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 September
- The One Laptop Per Child organization launches the Give 1 Get 1 marketing plan. For US$399, a buyer will purchase two XO computers, receiving one in early 2008, with the other being sent to a child in Cambodia, Rwanda, Afghanistan, or Haiti.
- Menachem Mazuz, the Attorney General of Israel, orders a criminal investigation into the purchase of a house by the Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert. (Reuters)
- The President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaks at Columbia University stating that Americans should look into ampquotwho was truly involvedampquot in the September 11, 2001 attacks, defending his right to denial of the Holocaust, and denying the existence of gay Iranians. (CNN)
- The Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-Moon called for a new commitment by world leaders on climate change at a special United Nations session to discuss climate change. (Bloomberg)
- Members of the United Automobile Workers Union walk off their jobs at General Motors plants across the United States as union and company officials fail to reach agreement on a new contract. (NYT)
- President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva says that he will defend Brazil's record on global climate change when he addresses the United Nations General Assembly this week. (Reuters)
- Former Pakistan Prime Minister, Benazir Bhutto, arrives in Washington beginning her last visit to USA before ending her self-exile.
- Several tornadoes affect parts of Great Britain, causing severe damage. (Sky News)
- Eyewitnesses say the number of people demonstrating in Rangoon was as high as 100,000 as the biggest Burmese anti-government protest in twenty years continues. (BBC)
Sport Games on 24 September 2007
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Standard - Westerlo : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Libourne - Nantes : 2 - 3
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Boavista - Academica : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- When I See U - Fantasia
- Until The End Of Time - Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce
- Alicia Keys - No One
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- 50 Cent - I Get Money
Top #10 Latin songs
- Juanes - Me Enamora
- Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Ojala Pudiera Borrarte - Mana
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Ayer La Vi - Don Omar
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Sugababes - About You Now
- Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It
- No U Hang Up / If That's Ok With You - Shayne Ward
- 50 Cent featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland - Ayo Technology
- Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Snipes — promotional ads for TV programs that share the screen with other programs — are just the latest effort by network executives to cram promotions onto television screens. [..]
NComputing: the $70 computer for schools and offices? [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.97
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $113.43
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $79.44
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $50.73
- 1 CAD = 1.1706 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0184 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8696 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3719 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?