Monday 25 March 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 25, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christina Boxer and Milena Quaglini.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
In UK Young Love by Tab Hunter was in the top 5 hits.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while This Hallowed Ground by Bruce Catton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Living It Up.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 March 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1957 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Milena Quaglini: Italian artist, a talented painter and designer.
- Christina Boxer: English runner and journalist.
- Jonathan Michie: English economist and academic.
- Aleksandr Puchkov: Russian hurdler.
- Jim Uhls: American screenwriter and producer.
- NBA modifies the free-throw rule.
- Treaty of Rome establishes European Economic Community (Common Market).
- The European Economic Community is established (West Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg).
- United States Customs seizes copies of Allen Ginsberg's poem ''Howl'' on the grounds of obscenity.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?