Thursday 25 December 1924, Christmas
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rod Serling and Edwin Etherington.
Peter Pan, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1924 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Rod Serling: American television and radio script writer.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee: former Prime Minister of India.
- Edwin Etherington: American lawyer, stock exchange executive.
- Atal Vajpayee: Indian statesman who was the 10th Prime Minister of India, first for 13 days in 1996 and then from 1998 to 2004.
- Jean Yvert: Amiens EXecutives.