Thursday 25 December 1924, Christmas
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Edwin Etherington.
A Fool and His Money, directed by Erle C. Kenton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1924 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee: former Prime Minister of India.
- Edwin Etherington: American lawyer, stock exchange executive.
- Rod Serling: American television and radio script writer.
- Atal Vajpayee: Indian statesman who was the 10th Prime Minister of India, first for 13 days in 1996 and then from 1998 to 2004.
- Jean Yvert: Amiens EXecutives.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 December 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Doodle-Doo-Doo - Eddie Cantor
- Bagdad - Paul Specht & His Hotel Alamac Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?